Friday, June 5, 2009

Love, games

My brother lamented to me when he first got married that there are few good two-person games. Most fun games are ideally suited for four players.

Risk and Monopoly especially are not made to be played with only two players, at least if these two players have to live and interact with each other once the game is finished. Both games involve the complete obliteration of the opponent while the other has everything. There is no near-winning in two-player Monopoly and Risk; the scales at the end are intentionally unbalanced.

There are some games, however, that are suitable, even enjoyable, for two players. Canasta, for instance, is a fantastic game for two. My favorite way to play is still with four players, but the two-player variation is enjoyable. Stratego is another good two-player game, and ofcourse Pass the pigs.

Happy Birthday to Irna, it's her 20th this year, I wish her all the best in her future undertakings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to leave comment here but no where to find u in fb...was told u live in kch..heading to kch for the studies wondering if ur around?

Ramirez said...

I'm off the market, and no I do not. I wonder who could of told you that! Care to leave a name next time, anonymous?